What's cooking in code-kitchen ?

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2011 at 2:16 AM
Edited Jan 18, 2011 at 2:20 AM
  1. Java library for GIGen - Just like the GIMachineGenerator .Net library, it should be possible for Java code to leverage GIGen code generation.
  2. GIMachine for  C# - Currently, the GIMachine definition in C# is shallow, it doesn't do much for suggestions and parsing. Will close the loop for C#. Once we do this, you can use GIMachine in .Net windows app as well as server side processing of query
  3. GIMachine for Java --- ditto for Java
  4. HTML UI library for Intellisense --
    1. Evaluate which of the html UI framework (JQuery, Sencha etc.) would be suitable for Intellisense UI helper.
    2. Integrate the UI framework within GrammarIntelliForJS.
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2011 at 4:04 AM

1. As of Alpha-3 release, we have a new .Net tool to create/edit Grammar visually - similar to a graph editor with nodes and edges.

2. There's a new GrammarIntelliForJsUIHelper.js library that got added in Alpha-2 onward, this library makes it easy to bind suggestions to a textbox. You dont have to construct any suggestion listbox yourself, this library does it for you.

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2011 at 6:36 AM

What's more important ?

1. Add cosmetic changes to VisualEditor like - state node coloring when user selects a node, or edge ... support selecting multiple object selection by mouse region selection ....etc. or

2. Add "test this grammar" .... let designer test their grammar in VisualEditor itself.

3. Add "Generate test html" --- this would generate a working html that supports the grammar being designed.

I think (3) and (2) [in order of priority] is more important than (1).  If you feel otherwise, let me know.

So, next release will have:

1. New Feature -> "test this grammar" .... let designer test their grammar in VisualEditor itself.

2. New Feature -> "Generate test html" --- this would generate a working html that supports the grammar being designed.

3. [will try] Allow a node to be self-referenced ... i.e. you can put in an "edge to self". This would support scenarios where you want to allow words to repeat

when can you expect next release ? ... by 9th Feb 2011